Ten Reasons To Go Winter Camping
Click on Dave's sleigh to see how you can build one of your
Few other people do it.
2. You see lots of wildlife, or at least their prints.
3. Wilderness is pristine, apparently untouched by human hand or foot.
4. Winter beauty is extraordinary.
5. The night sky
6. Two down sleeping bags zipped together
7. Snowshoeing and cross-country skiing
8. Hot drinks and hot soup
9. Silence until a frozen tree cracks or a frozen lake rumbles
A reminder of the inevitability of weather and nature
David and I enjoy winter camping so much we placed our North Face tent on our